The Great Conjunction
When & where
About the Event
Astrologers all over the world talk about The Great Conjunction of Saturn and Jupiter occuring tonight, on December 21. This is a very rare event that happens only every 800 years or so, and is said to have great implications for humanity, marking the beginning of what you can think of as a "software upgrade" of our consciousness.
Now, I'm too new to astrology to tell you too much about this. However, everything I've been learning about the psyche, psychology and astrology suggests that these archetypal astrological forces can greatly influence our own psychology. People who lived long before us made a great fuss about these events, so maybe we can make a tiny bit of fuss too. It definitely can't hurt.
That's why I'm creating this space for us to come together and celebrate this conjunction. This short event is the ritual I would do for myself, and it requires nothing more than a computer, somewhere comfy to sit, and pen and paper.
And you don't have to be into astrology, or a pro meditator to do this. The event today is just an excuse for us to reflect and set intentions together. Come as you are, we're all beginners here.
Here's the plan:
- I will open the space with a short grounding meditation, leading into our reflection practice.
- Then, we'll each reflect in silence on the past year and journal about it for 15 minutes about it. I will provide a suggested structure for it, but you're welcome to do your own thing.
- We'll have a 10 minute sharing circle for whoever wants to talk about what they found.
- We'll close with a metta (lovingkindness) meditation.
- I can stay on longer for anyone who wants to talk about what came up for them, if necessary.
What you need:
- A quiet, comfy space where you can meditate and write.
- Notbook and pen.
- Optional: you can light a candle, bring any meaningful objects with you, make yourself a tea, or dress outrageously. Definitely bring your cat.
Hope to see you there tonight.
- Free Ticket£0£00£0